- Category: customised software
State of Database Management In Organizations:
The needs of organizations and management are changeable, diverse and often ill-defined, yet they must be met. Both internal and external forces demand that organizations exercise control over their data resources.
Data is a vital resource in an organization and must be managed. The organizational database is an essential component in a management information system. Of the four components of a data processing system, attention to data has lagged behind the development of machines and programming technology. Taking a database approach requires an organization to focus on data as a valued resource. Data is separate from programs and application systems which use it.
The overall purpose of Reporting Software is to provide profitability and related information to help managers and staff understand business performance and plan its future direction.
IMPORTANCE OF Reporting Software:
1. Reporting Software is always management oriented and keeps in view every level of management and gets the desired information.
2. Integrated - refers to how diff components(sub systems) are actually tied up together. eg: diff departments of organization linked together.
3. Useful for planning - as every organization makes log-term and short-term plans with the help of information like sales & production, capital investments, stocks etc management can easily plan..
4. Effective Reporting Software helps the management to know deviations of actual performance from pre-set targets and control things.
5. its important for increasing efficiency.
6.Reporting Software provides updated results of various departments to management.
7.Reporting Software is highly computerized so it provides accurate results.
8.Reporting Software adds to the intelligence, alertness, awareness of managers by providing them information in the form of progress and review reports of an ongoing activity.
9.Helps managers in decision- making.